Thursday, July 14, 2011

Craft Exchange

 My super cute friend, Candida, had the brilliant idea to start a craft exchange.  Once a month, we make something for each other, and then mail it off.  It's so fun to search out ideas, make the chosen item, and mail it.  And, it's really fun to get a package in the mail!
This month, our first month, I made her an eye pillow.  It's filled with flaxseed.  She can keep it in the freezer so it's nice and cold, and it's great in reducing puffiness in eyes, and aiding in relaxation (especially if you live in uber hot AZ!).  I used mine while I practiced Hypnobabies in preparation for Natalie's birth, and she's practicing Hypnobabies now in preparation of the birth of her third baby in just a few short weeks!
I made a simple sack using unbleached muslin, and then embroidered and pieced an envelope cover for it.


She made me a shirred ruffle scarf.  I'd take a picture of it, but I'm wearing it right now (because I love it).
I can't wait for our next exchange!

2 comments:

Candida Marie said...

Love love LOVE my gift!!! Sadly, so does Sienna who keeps stealing it from me when I try to use it.

Getting started on this months!!!

Lhone said...

candida, that is the cutest little pillow. It's cute enough to put on a bed, or a couch. Totally cute!!!