Friday, September 24, 2010

Favorite Things Friday

Well, it's Friday again, so here are some more of my favorite things:

(Image via Aunt Peaches)

These gorgeous roses are made from coffee filters. Can you believe it? They're the most realistic looking paper flowers I've ever seen, and don't you just love the color combinations she used? For the tutorial, click HERE.


(Image via Joann)

This pillow is so pretty, and an easy way to liven up a room. You can check out the how-to HERE.


(Image via Petite Purls)

These knit softies are adorable. I'll definitely have to try my hand at these. Pattern HERE.


(Image via A Quilt Is Nice)

This quilt is so, so fun. She made it using 3 inch squares. For the quilt top, she literally put all of the squares into a bag and drew them out at random. To finish it, she did some simple machine quilting (just straight lines about 1/4" from each seam). I love the results. You can get all the info on this quilt HERE.


(Image via Envirosax)

How cool are these reusable grocery sacks from Envirosax? I'll admit it, they're a little pricey, but for something that you'll only have to buy once and use all the time, it's not that bad ;) Once we have an income, I'm saving up for these. I like to be green when I can, and this is a fashionable way to do it...what's not to like? :) You can find them HERE.



(Image via Infinity Shoes)

And these boots. Oh, these boots!! Would love these :) They're by Miz Mooz. You can find them HERE.

Seriously, if you have any favorites, do share!!

2 comments:

Cynthia Hatch said...

I made similar flowers with my preschool last year. They loved it! We watered colored the coffee filters and then put them on pipe cleaners. We painted little cups to put them in. It was a great looking craft that all of the kids could do!

OMIYAGE said...

Love Envirosax! So much better than any other bags we've tried. Mine have been going strong since for more than 3 years - and I've converted pretty much any and everyone who'd listen to them!

Strong, roomy, pretty. Love Envirosax! (Think I already said that...)

Cheers,
Marisa